The theme song for Dead Inside, as written and sung by me.
A fabricated movie poster forDead Inside. Hope you guys like it. Starring Seth Peterson as Daniel Flynn. Music by Daniel Licht (I’m hoping).
I want to get everyone as excited about Dead Inside as I am, so I’m sharing some Dead Inside trivia!
- The idea for Dead Inside came from one lone tweet, which had the same hashtag.
- Lloyd is an homage to my tattoo guy, sharing his name, his love for tattoos and motorcycles and his having just quit smoking.
- The villain’s name, Luck, was chosen for a single exchange in the story: “What was that?!” “…Luck.”
- Hayter Industries, the company who focuses on gene sciences, is named after David Hayter (the voice over artist for Solid Snake) and in reference to one of my favorite games, Metal Gear Solid.
- Dead Lake, where Daniel and Jane Flynn reside, is a real place in upstate New York.
- The red house that the Flynns bought is based on the house that my family and I lived in about seven years ago, in Connecticut.
- Marek is named after a character in Crichton’s Timeline.
- When Sylvana Bane goes to retrieve the mail, she sings “The Mail Song” from Blue’s Clues (as do I).
- Lydia’s deathly fear of flying is one of my own fears, and what happens to her is what I feel will happen to me if I get on a plane.
- The phone number for Hayter Industries is a real number…for an Oregon movie theater.
- “Mortoxin” literally means “the death drug.”
- I made Daniel Flynn a security guard in tribute to a friend in Chicago.
- Pandora is sort of obvious, but it’s also in very small part a reference to Splinter Cell.
- The way Mortoxin functions and looks is based entirely on a dream I had a few years ago, and I used exact details from my written account of said dream in the story.
Hi! My name’s Miranda Doerfler. I’m a 21 year old student and writer. I have been writing since I was seven. I live with my parents and my brother.
I want to tell you more about the story, first:
A horrible virus that eats you alive from the inside out. A group of people with an amazing gift. A man who wants to unleash the virus on the world population. A newlywed whose life is in more danger than he realizes. The pieces of the puzzle must fall together in time to save humanity and prevent the zombie apocalypse.
Dead Inside is a zombie thriller about a virus called Mortoxin which turns you into a zombie from the inside out, slowly killing you, then feeding off the cells in your body until you rot and there’s nothing left. Hayter Industries has created this virus, and invited six people known as The G2 Group, to put it to use. The members of this group have an incredible ability: to make contact with the dead, materialize spirits and even revive the dead, though none of them knows how to control their power.
Newlywed Daniel Flynn has been summoned by Hayter Industries to be a test subject for Mortoxin, but things don’t go as planned and things take a turn for the worse when an employee of Hayter Industries smuggles the virus out. Tein Luck gets his hands on Mortoxin with plans to unleash it on the public. The survival of humanity depends entirely on the ability of Hayter Industries and The G2 Group to put a stop to it before it literally eats the entire world population alive.
Basically, I am hoping to attend a massive convention in August, getting a booth there and spreading the word about my books as much as possible. This campaign is to help me get the supplies I’ll need for this convention.
What We Need & What You Get
In total, I’ll need around $1200.
$50 - expanded distribution via CreateSpace
$300 - about 100 print copies for distribution
$195 - 500 bookmarks via Lulu
$275 - 100 posters via Lulu
$115 - 50 keychains via Vistaprint
$100 - 100 buttons via CafePress
$140 - IndieGoGo Fees
If I don’t reach my entire goal, or if I reach more than my goal, whatever funds I have will be put towards the next publication; I release a new collection of short stories every three months, so any funding will be helpful for promotions and such.